Facebook Badge

Monday, September 14, 2009

About 1.21, 1.23, and 1.24

Talking about Malaysians, there is one thing I really cannot tolerate with.
As one of the most developed countries in South East Asia, we have almost everything to develope ourselves. We have proper education of English, we have internet access, we have some world class universities, we have rainforest... ... ... And the list goes on.
I know I am young, and may be foolish. What I am going to comment is something I really experience, and not from what I read. Young people usually cannot participate in politics because of this - inexperience. So don't criticise what I post here because this is real case.
Garena is a gaming platform, a place for playing games such as Starcraft, Counter Strike, Warcraft TFT etc. I am a DotA player and thus have been using Garena since quite long ago.
But, Blizzard came out with newer patch of Warcraft (1.22) very long ago, if not mistaken more than 1 year ago. And now we already have 1.24b as the latest patch. What I want to say is, Malaysians please wake up and update yourselves! Malaysians are still using 1.21, as this patch was used when Garena was first introduced. So outdated! Aiyo.. Newer patch can be obtained from the internet, so there is no any stupid reason one cannot download it if he/she plays on Garena! And WTF, already so long and still never update to at least 1.23?
This is Malaysians. When they can already play on Garena, they don't care about latest patch. So they continue to play using 1.21, which is now full of hacks, and some features not available. I am so frustrated, and disappointed as well. This is only in my gaming experience. If I have grown up more and get to know more, gone case lah. As a Malaysian gamer, I am very ashamed of this. People comment on forum "OMG still using x.xx patch?!" on Malaysian games.
And when you think big, not only about gaming, how other countries are looking at us?
This is just like, most Malaysians think that foreign workers especially from Indonesia, are so indisciplined and have been causing rape, rob cases. And thus people think that Indonesia is a lousy country with kampung minded residents. When I am there, I find out that Indonesians are indeed more friendly, more polite, and more hardworking in general.
So when other people see Malaysians playing with an old old OLD patch, the same happens. "Malaysia is so kampung that they cannot update their patch." in their minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment