Facebook Badge

Monday, March 8, 2010

RIP My Dog.

Yesterday was just like any Sundays I have had, sleeping till the sun burns my ass. But a phone call woke me up. It was my father, and he told me that in the morning Rocky was found dead.

Yes, it died!

Rocky had been our pet since I was 12, when I was in Form 1. That time it is still a puppy, like any other puppies, small, cute, foolish, weak and cries loudly and frequently. I still remember it was brought home in one box, and at first we kept it in the toilet, in the balcony, until finally in a cage inside the house.

Its favourite was any piece of clothes. That would be its toy when it was awake and its blanket when it is asleep. Its favourite food? All kinds of food.

Its first bark shocked all of us, when it barked at our visitors. That was loud and clear.

Then as it grew bigger, its head already touched the top of the cage. So father made a home for it, at a corner at our house compound.

Its life was an easy one. Barked at anyone who passed our house, but its biggest enemy was always the postman. Everyday ate 2 meals, got a walk before meals and pee and defecate. And when we still had some ayam at home, it would try to eat their shit, for what reason until now I still don't know.

It was trained to listen to command, but it only learnt how to SIT, UP, DOWN, 进 and 好吃. It would never stop barking even though we caned it, scold it or whatever we did to it.

During this pre CNY holiday, it was very ill. Everytime when someone got back home, even if we were just out for 1 hour, it would welcome us like 2 years never see us. Hopping on us, smelling everywhere and running around like mad. But when I went back home that time, it hid under the car. Didn't even come out. And before this it was a big eater. It ate everything we gave, and loved fruits, biscuits, its food and anything we gave la. But this time it didn't even eat anything. It had become skinnier and weaker.

Yes, it was already old.

And now, it is dead.

I miss its stupidity. When it stared at its food, saliva started coming out like waterfall. Cheated it with food to do something, and set the biscuit we threw to it. And everytime when I got home from school, from tuition, or after that from college or from university, there would be this member of my family who welcomed me with kisses, sometimes accompanied by urine.

Now, my family would be so quiet, without its bark. We would not know the postman had come. We would not know anybody come to our house, unless the visitors press the bell.

For its whole life, it had been loyal to us, although sometimes we gave it some pengajaran.
For its whole life, it only got a chance to have sex, and it did it quickly, in front of me.
For its whole life, it had been cheated so many times by food, but never give up to get it.

May Rocky rest in peace, and my personal wish to him is that he will be a human in his next life, so he will be able to enjoy all the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment